Monday, January 17, 2022

Death, Taxes, and Time Decay

Few things are certain in life. But as the old saying goes, there is nothing quite so certain as “death and taxes”. As an Options Trader, I would enthusiastically add option time decay to that list.

Options offer traders and investors more leverage and risk mitigation than just purchasing shares outright. For example, if I were to purchase 100 shares of a stock at $100 per share, my total capital outlay would be $10,000. Options give us the right to buy or sell at a certain price for a pre-determined length of time.

I could control that same 100 shares by purchasing an "At the Money" call with a $100 strike price with 90 days to expiration for perhaps $6 per share, or $600 total capital outlay. 

That’s powerful leverage. My downside risk is also limited to....Continue Reading Here.

Stock & ETF Trading Signals

No comments:

Stock & ETF Trading Signals